UberMenu 2.0 is a complete rewrite of UberMenu, and not all settings and customizations will be 100% backwards compatible. If you wish to upgrade, you should test to make sure UberMenu 2.0 will work as you desire before deploying it on a production site.
Please review the following notes on upgrading
- It is recommended to test on UberMenu 2.0 in a test environment and not on a live production site.
- Please back up your WordPress installation before installing so that you may revert easily if you do not like the changes.
- Both UberMenu Settings and individual menu item settings should be intact
- As the structural CSS has been modified, customizations may no longer appear as desired and may require modification
- If you have used the Style Generator, styles may no longer apply as desired. If you want to keep your old styles, you should make a copy of the CSS output, as they will not transfer – you can paste this CSS in the custom.css file if you wish to continue using this skin.
Installing the 2.0 update
- Backup your old UberMenu directory – to be safe, you should back up your entire WordPress installation, including database
- Deactivate UberMenu in the Plugins panel
- Delete the old UberMenu directory, wp-uber-menu. You will likely encounter errors if you try to install the new version without deleting this version first.
- Install UberMenu 2.0 as a normal WordPress plugin (the new directory is just ‘ubermenu’)
- Note that if you are using Timthumb and your images are not appearing, you may need to make the directory writable, even if you have done so previously.